These cookies make people smile all the time. Like my sister today while I was baking them. She the most beautiful smile on her face today as she wandered into the kitchen.
“Watcha doin’?” She asked sounding like a girl from her favorite show, while here eyes were completely glued to the warm cookies I had place on the counter.
“Baking cookies.” I replied with a smile turning around to get the next batch, purposefully going slowly. Sure enough when I turned around to place the cookies on the counter top, my sister had disappeared along with a cookie leaving only a smudge of chocolate on the baking paper.
The thing is, that with these cookies, you get a variety of textures, and sometimes flavors. Each recipe is different in it’s own way, and they match different people’s tastes. Some people may like extremely soft cookies that melt in your mouth, others extremely crisp ones. I like really chewy ones with slightly crisp outsides that are fully cooled and don’t have a trace of warmth. And I swear this recipe I found is perfect for that.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 a cups of flour
- 1/2 a teaspoon salt
- 1/2 a teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick of cold butter(cubed)(this one stick of butter is also know as 1/4 a pound of butter)
- 1/2 a cup of sugar
- 3/4 a cup of brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of chocolate chips or chunks
Note: I did this all by hand. As in I literally stuck my hand in to the bowl. Working with spoons and things on chocolate chip cookies annoy me because it’s a dough and I just prefer sticking my hands in there. That and using your hands makes creaming a whole lot easier…
- Sift together the flour baking powder and salt in bowl.
- Now in a seperate bowl cream together the brown sugar the regular sugar and the butter until smooth.
- Add in the egg and the vanilla extract until well mixed.
- Slowly mix in the flour in adding it batch by batch
- Lastly add in the chocolate chips or chunks.
- Put the dough in to the fridge for 45 minutes.
- Take it out and take a chunk of each cookie and flatten it out to a circle of any size you want(remember the bigger, the better the center will be just don’t make it crazily huge…I made them thinner and slightly bigger than my palm)
- Bake at 350 degrees F and make sure you rotate the pan every few minutes if you have an oven that does heat evenly. Bake until the edges start turning a golden brown.
Enjoy with a glass of milk! :)