I like simple recipes. The recipe always seems to be simple but the flavor of dish that results is always complex.
Take for example these sweet potato fries. They simple to make. Chop the potatoes, drizzle a bit of olive oil, sprinkle some garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper, then bake till crisp.
Its just that simple.
The result? A fry with a crisp, spicy salty outside, with a slightly sweet, soft inside.
These are honestly my favorite fries. I like these better than regular fries. Not only do they have a better flavor, they’re also much healthier than regular potato fries.
Try them :) You’ll love them too :)
Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 medium sized potatoes
- 1-2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- A sprinkle of pepper(adjust to your tastes, i usually use 1/3 tsp)
- 1/3 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1. Turn on the broiler, or preheat the oven to 450 degrees. I usually use the broiler. I find that it gets a some what crisper with the broiler, but the oven works too.
2. Cut up the the sweet potato into french fry like slices and toss it into a bowl with a lid(it doesn’t matter if you have the skins on or not, its all your choice, sometimes I leave them on other times I don’t)
3. Drizzle the olive oil over the potatoes and sprinkle all the spices over it all.
4. Put the lid on the bowl and toss the potatoes around until they are fully coated in olive oil and spice.
4. Put them in the oven from 10-15 minutes or until the ends of some fries start to get blackened.
Notes: This is one of the recipes which are extremely customizable. Add what you like, change something and personalize it. My sweet potatoes are never truly consistent. Every time I add, or take out something from this mix that i have up there.